Answers to your Frequently Asked Questions
How do I order?
- The ideal way to place your order is through our website, using our photo upload feature as part of your purchase
- You can also find and order from Periwinkle and Clay on:
When are you open?
- We’re open and working in the studio Monday & Tuesday 9-5pm and Thursday & Friday 9-5pm
- We’re closed Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday
- If you place an order on Friday, we won’t start work on it until Monday AM
What happens once I have placed my order?
- You'll be kept informed about your order every step of the way. We'll let you know once we have received it, when your proof is ready to approve and of course once it's packaged and dispatched.
- As soon as we receive your order you will receive a confirmation email from us, please ensure when ordering that you access your email
- Once we have downloaded your photos, it will take us approximately 2-3 days to collate your proof and send to you for approval. We won't send your proof until we have received all your photos.
- Once we have your approval on the proof the tiles are finished with your design and assembled into the frame in the order displayed on the proof. Each frame is then wrapped and securely packaged ready for dispatch. This stage takes about 4 days provided we have plenty of tiles made and your frame choice is in stock.
- As soon as your order is dispatched we'll drop you an email to confirm let you know. We use Royal Mail so it can be tracked and traced along the way - we'll send you the tracking details in the dispatch email.
- If you feel your delivery should have arrived already please message us and we will provide an update.
How quickly will I receive my picture frame?
- Our minimum turnaround times are approximately 1-2 weeks (for more details, see. What happens once I have placed my order?)
Can you deliver my order any quicker?
- Depending on how busy we are, we can sometimes accommodate urgent requests so if you need your order delivered by a certain date please message us and we'll see if it is possible before you place your order
Do you offer gift wrap and gift cards?
- Yes we currently offer an electronic gift card
- We aim to send all parcels out in a pretty fashion, but contact us if you'd like us to do some sort of gift wrapped.
How will my frame be wrapped and packaged?
- Each and every frame is wrapped in tissue paper so it will arrive as a beautiful gift and well packaged in a secure box so it arrives in immaculate condition.
Can you deliver direct to the recipient?
- Yes we can deliver to the recipient. Just be sure to complete their address as the shipping address.
What size photos do I need to send?
- We can use most size photos including images from social channels such as Instagram or Facebook.
- We don't recommend using mobile screenshots as the quality is just not good enough and we don't want you to be disappointed.
- If you don’t upload your photos via the website, please don’t use Facebook as they reduce the quality.
- If you’re going to send your photos through later, please email them to email@example.com clearly noting your order number in the subject line.
- If you're unsure about your photos, then you're welcome to email them to us to check at firstname.lastname@example.org
What file format?
- For the best results we prefer .jpeg, .jpg or .png files however we will try to work with whatever you've got so if you’re not sure, please email what you have for to us to check at email@example.com
How should I prepare my photos
- We can work with almost any photo, ideally sent electronically.
- To ensure you get the product you want we suggest the photos you send are already cropped into a square format
- Photos should ideally be a minimum 1200+ pixels resolution
I'm not sure how to convert my normal size photos to the square ones required. Any tips?
- There are so many apps you can use to crop and edit your photos. One of the most popular is Instagram.
- If you don't want to post your photos on Instagram then it is possible to edit and delete - you must do this whilst your phone is in Airplane mode - which means you're not on the online... you just delete the photos in Instagram before going back online and then you can find your edited photos in your albums on your phone.
- There are lots of other photo editing apps on your phone as well as services online such as http://www.picmonkey.com/
Are your ceramic tiles handmade or bought?
- Each tile is made from pressed clay, carefully dried, then kiln fired.
- Each tile is then also hand finished with your chosen photos and assembled into the frame of your choice, wrapped and carefully packaged so it arrives to you safely and in tiptop condition.
- Handmade from us means literally made by our hands and this is what we love about our products. Each tile is individual and unique and may look slightly different from another but we feel this is part of the charm when you can tell they're not made on a production line.
I love the tiles but would like a different size / shape that isn't currently available - is this possible?
- Of course anything is possible and we love working on new ideas and designs but there are limitations to what we can do. There will also be a surcharge for any completely bespoke designs due to the additional testing and time it would take to create. We don’t really hold stock of different sizes currently, so your items would have to wait for the next time the kiln was fired up. Please message us with your request and we'll let you know what we can do.
Any other questions?
Send us a message.